Who is eligible for Insurance coverage for Shoes?
- Patient diagnosed with Diabetes Mellitus and at least one qualifying foot condition
- Medicaid patients with at least one qualifying foot condition
What is a diabetic patient eligible for each year?
- 1 pair of diabetic shoes
- 3 pair of diabetic inserts
What is a Medicaid patient eligible for each year?
- 2 pair of therapeutic shoes
- 2 pair of heat moldable or custom inserts
What are the qualifying conditions that a patient must meet
in order to be eligible?
- Poor Circulation
- Foot deformity such as hammertoes, bunions etc.
- Previous foot ulceration
- History of pre-ulcerative callus
- Peripheral neuropathy with evidence of callus formation
- Partial or complete amputation of the foot
Insurances we provide
- Independent Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Other private insurances accepted
Shoe Manufacturers (Pictures of Shoes)
- Mt. Emey
- Dr. Comfort
- P.W. Minor
Services we provide (About Us)
- Certified Fitters on Staff
- In Home Fitting Service
- Custom Molded Shoes
- Free Foot Screening
- Large Selection of Quality Footwear
- Certified Pedorthist on staff
- Shoe Clinics for Skilled Nursing/Assisted Living Facilities
- Fitting and re-evaluation of footwear
- Accommodate severe abnormalities or deformities
- Assessment of patient eligibility
What is a diabetic shoe?
- A shoe with a deep toe box that is wider and rounded at the toe to accommodate forefoot deformities.
- Available in widths ranging from Narrow – 14 XW to fit wide and swollen feet.
- Soft, non-abrasive lining that is typically seamless, breathable, and anti-bacterial.
What is a diabetic insert?/ Custom Insert?
- Diabetic Insert - lightweight, resilient, designed to alleviate foot pain related to diabetes and arthritis. Used to cushion the foot and absorb shock and fit comfortably regardless of the patient’s footwear style.
- Custom Insert–molded to match the contours specific to the patient’s foot and the way they move.
- We will work to provide a proper fitting insert based on the patient’s needs, to help prevent skin breakdown or other foot deformities.
Benefits of proper fitting diabetic/Therapeutic Footwear
- Assist in Fall Prevention
- Can help prevent foot injuries and complications, while improving mobility.
Is a Shoe clinic right for your facility? Do all of your
patients have proper footwear?
- Alden Medical provides scheduled shoe clinic evaluation for many facilities in WNY. All patients can be seen and evaluated to best suit their footwear needs.
- Able to custom design a clinic to best fit the needs of a facility of any size
- We will provide a detailed analysis of what patients are eligible for insurance coverage, prior to the scheduled clinic date